Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cleaning the internet. . .

Taking advantage of a new office, and resulting hermitage, I set out this month to take advantage of the lessened distractions to really clean things up for ALL of the Farm Supply internet hangouts. You'll notice, of course, the new look at our blog (mendocinocountyfarmsupply.blogspot.com, for those of you reading this through syndication or Facebook). But I've also cleaned up our website at www.farm-supply.com to make it easier to use. It's got better, cleaner navigation, and some changed features. We removed the unused classifieds sections (go craigslist!) and added all of our old newsletters (a surprisingly long process to get them formatted right). I'll slowly be adding old features back, such as our facebook widget, etc, but I am now doing some serious backend work to make sure it all fits together right, instead of looking perpetually kludged.

Our paper newsletter, the growing gazette, is growing. Tired of being limited to such a small space, I'm trying out a paper version of the "read more" link. Now our newsletters will feature the beginnings of articles that will be kept in there entirety on the web. Those of you who saved my three part series on planting onions and garlic last year, will be glad to know this month's newsletter features a consolidated revision and the originals are now on the website. if you'd like to subscribe to our e-mail newsletters, you can sign up by registering at www.farm-supply.com! Newsletter articles will be featured in the articles section of the website, as well as here on our blog.

So, check it out, and if you love it or hate it, let me know! I'll just be sitting here in my hermitage. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment